Wednesday, June 3, 2009

blondish


so i have never felt so stupid in my life. long story, but i got a scholarship and financial aid from the government for the 2008-2009 school year, but i graduated in december with my bachelors so i was done with school. i had signed up for classes the next semester just because i hadn't found a job yet and school would have been free, but about a week after classes started i got a job so i dropped the classes. i few days later i got a scholarship refund check in the mail that i just well.... tossed in the trash because they always say you don't get your extra money of you don't take classes. i also threw away my dixie one credit card because i'm done with school i didn't think i needed any of that stuff anymore! so a few days ago (which is 6 months after i got the check i threw away) i get this email that says our records show you never cashed your refund check of $730. so now i get to go around the college talking to everyone trying to figure how the heck i can get my money now and i have to feel like an idiot everytime when i tell them i threw the check away and then they proceed to tell me how dumb i am. but i don't care. just give me my freakin $730 and leave me alone. $730 is like $7.3 million when you are in my position. moral of story. never throw a check away.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

That is SO funny! That happened to us last year! Paul and I both get financial aid and after the semester ended we both got checks, needless to say..we didn't keep his check cause we thought it was a trick of some sorts that we took money for school, but didn't use it for school..haha! Luckily we kept mine..and got another check reimbursed to him! :)