Thursday, October 8, 2009

my baby is one month old today!
















What a crazy month it's been! I cannot believe that Sophie is one month old today! She is getting so big and chunky, and I love it! I am finally getting used to being a mommy. It seems like I have known Sophie forever, and I don't know what we ever did without her! Here is a quote from a book my cousin gave me that I like...

"When I first found out I was pregnant I was over the moon with excitement. Imagine this tiny little person with no previous thoughts or dreams- someone who I could teach about life, love, and the world. By week two after birth, however, I realized that I was not the teacher. Instead this tiny person was teaching me! Everyday I was learning something new about the selfless part of life- the place where your own needs come second or third; the place where sleep is something you do between feedings. How selfish we were with our time! I would never go back to being "just me." I love being a mom and the daily challenge it brings to not only teach our little princess, but also be taught be her. Enjoy every minute!"

Sure we have a lot of sleepless nights, poopy diapers, and spit ups but it's all totally worth it! I could sit and stare at her all day while she is sleeping. Anyway, here are some things about Sophie this month...

-when she's awake she'd rather lay on the ground on look around then be held
-we drag her everywhere with us! but we gotta get her used to going places!
-she took her first bottle from ashton like a pro! now maybe we'll dare to leave her with a babysitter!
-she gags on her binky
-she is so strong and can hold up her own head most of the time.
-she grunts and squeaks all night long... i can sleep through it, but Ashton can't
-she sleeps most of the day. but when she's awake she's really alert!
-she's going bald!
-she loves music and listening to her daddy sing and play the guitar
Love you Sophie!!! We couldn't ask for a better baby!

P.S. I finally filled out my application for PA school! Looks like I am SERIOUS this time! I hope I can get an interview!!!

4 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

She's super cute! If PA school doesn't pan out and you're still interested Dr. H was just asking about you yesterday. Just a thought...if you want a couple days of work.

Jewels said...

Aww, she's beautiful!! You look great for just having a baby a month ago...lucky!!

Paul was the same way, I could sleep through any sound/grunt Tann would make, but Paul kept buggin me to get him..hahah!

Tav and Aims said...

How adorable! I don't know if I already told you, but congratulations! Can't wait to see her!
Love,
Amie

Matt and Cori said...

She's so dang cute, I can't belive it's already been a month!
Can't wait to be neighbors in Vegas! (haha, just gotta keep the thoughts positive). Anyways, good luck with all that! Let us know how it goes.