Wednesday, September 16, 2009

sophie's first week






















i can't believe my little sophie is already a week old! i feel like she is getting so big already! we went to the doctor and she actually gained 10 oz. in week when usually they lose weight in the first week. she likes my milk i guess! the only thing wrong with her is that she has a little eye infection, but other than that we're doing great! she is so cute i love feeling her fuzzy little hair on my chin when i burp her. i also can't stop kissing the top of her head and he cheeks are so soft that when you touch them you almost can't feel them! i also love looking at her cute little eyes looking around when she's nursing, since that's about the only time she's awake. she also likes to peak out of one eye at us. also ashton is such a good daddy. she is already a daddy's girl. and i'm ok with that :) she loves it when ashton sings to her, she will just stare at him with huge eyes. i could not ask for a better daddy for my little girl, i love him so much :) everyone seems to think she looks like ashton. she managed to avoid the gigantic wittwer head, which i am greatful for, that would have not been fun to push out. but i PERSONALLY think she has my eyes and nose and ashton's mouth.

4 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

I love her one eye open picture! I saw Ashton's mom at the office today and asked how you were getting along. She said she can't hear you guys so you must be good...minus the blow out's that come from nursing babies and the lack of sleep :) She's simply adorable!! Can't wait to hold her at the next family get together!

Dawn Hancock said...

Man whoever she looks like she is beautiful. Wow, I forgot how fun it is to have a little baby around. I too had fun watching Wyatt with the girls. It really makes your family complete. Sorry I am still working on some stuff for Sophie so hopefully I will get that off to you soon. Congrats.

Fielding Family said...

She is beautiful Nikelle! (I found your blog from the school blog ;)) Congratulations!
We have a private blog, if you are interested in looking at it send me and e-mail and I'll send you an invitation.
Again, Congrats!
Megan (Hutchings) Fielding
amfielding@gmail.com

Jessica said...

She is Beautiful! Congratulations on nursing- what a blessing for her and at times a sacrifice for you. Way to go adjusting to parenthood. You guys make it look easy;)