Thursday, May 6, 2010

Done

This post might be a little TMI or maybe even IDC (I don't care) but I'm sharing anyway. I'm sad/happy to say that I am done nursing. I have had mixed feelings about this for about a month. It would totally work out if Sophie would cooperate. If she would eat in the morning right before I go to work, and then right when I get home, and then right before bed, but babies don't follow mommy's schedules do they! As of right now, Sophie will not even nurse at all- ever. She has Daddy's energy, and there are too many other things she'd rather be doing than nursing, she takes her bottle just fine though. So I decided that rather than spending hours a day pumping, I'd rather be able to play with my Soph. So I'm done! Here are a few things I will miss about nursing... -just being able to grab her out of her crib in the morning, stick her in bed with us, and fall back to sleep while she eats, free food, having boobies :), being able to eat a million calories a day because hey, I'm eating for 2!, NOT having a period, knowing that if there were some kind of natural disaster or something Sophie will have all the food she needs. Some things I will NOT miss- my stupid pump! I want to burn it! I hate washing it out everytime even more! Buying nursing pads, wearing nursing pads, nursing bras, nursing garments, not fitting into my shirts, having to time when Sophie eats so I will not have to do it in public, it will be so amazing to just be able to make a bottle and feed her in the middle of any store! Or at anyone's house! Ok that's enough. I am so sad to be done nursing, but it's also a huge relief. My goal was 6 months and I made it 8. All and all I am satisfied. I love my Sophie!!!!!
p.s. formula is soooo gross, it smells like barf!!!!!!!! my poor baby

2 comments:

Matt and Cori said...

Good job making it that long! I can't believe Sophie is already 8 months! Did you ever find out about WIC qualifications?

Jewels said...

How old is she now? I felt the same way when I stopped with Tanner. Except it wasn't really about the schedule....he was quite the little bitter! It hurt! aahah!!