Friday, December 12, 2008

Top 50 Things I Learned at Dixie

Now that I am a college grad (woo hoo!!!!!!) let me share a bit of the useful knowledge that I gained while at Dixie! I also want to add that I am very grateful that I was able to finish my education while I am young and don't have any kids! It's been so much fun! I am also way thankful that I didn't have to pay for any of it :) I just want to end by saying college ROCKS and I recommend for everyone to go. and go to DIXIE I LOVED everything second of it and don't have one complaint!

And now for the top fifty things I learned at Dixie.....

50. School is fun!!!



49. My urine has an unusually high specific gravity....





48. The more I study, the worse I do. Studying just jumbles my brain.





47. Don't go to Vegas for final exams and expect to get any studying done.





46. Girls are smarter than Boys




45. Don't start reading the Twilight series in the middle of a semester. It can affect your grades.



44. Plant reproductive cycles are SOOO boring


43. Global Warming is not real.


42. Global Warming is real


41. if you continuously increase the temperature of the water a beta fish is in its fins will fall off


40. there is such thing as studying too hard


39. organic chemistry can literally cause nightmares


38. organic chemistry is the worst class EVERRRRRR


37. giving presentations in class really is not that scary


36. if you squeeze the cecum of a fetal pig, poop will come out. and it does stink


35. it is possible to dissect a pregnant cat without crying


34. the insides of a frog look eerily similar to a humans



33. evolution is REAL. so get over it


32. if you squeeze a shark's cloaca white..... stuff.... will come out


31. the lens of a sheep eyeball bounces. just like a bouncy ball


30. dr. allen isn't scary. she is really cool


29. the biology department has the coolest teachers EVER


28. don't buy a 70,000$ fish tank that costs 1,000$/month to maintain unless you are sure the budget is stable


27. don't take organic chemistry and plan a wedding at the same time


26. study groups are not a good idea for me


25. getting the highest score in a class full of future doctors gives a huge feeling of accomplishment


24. you can go the whole semester of calculus having no clue what's going on... and still get an A... and the highest grade in the class!


23. you CAN get paid to go to school


22. being the only girl in your classes is awesome!


21. 7 am class is NEVER a good idea


20. neither is 8 am class


19. the theory of relativity if possibly the coolest concept ever! but still really boring


18. summer class is the way to go


17. genetics is NOT my favorite biology genre, as i thought it was in high school


16. baby rat pups don't bite, and they aren't scary


15. beer goggles + CVP lab = an amazing time



14. gigantic vibrators + CVP lab = an even better time


13. don't buy all the books the teachers tell you you need


12. dissecting a human is possibly the coolest thing one can ever do


11. and building an elk and dog skeleton is the second


10. catching lizards with fishing pools and painting them with fingernail polish is really fun, and it's my new hobby


9. taking microbiology and infectious disease REALLY CAN cause an abnormal OCD fear of microbes


8. dissecting microscopes are really cool, and the second I come across any money i'm buying one.


7. i love desert tortoises. i don't care what you say about them


6. Labs are sometimes really long


5. decide what you want to do with your degree BEFORE you graduate


4. if you flirt with the guys in charge of the fitness center you can get an A without ever working out


3. you don't have to be black to be african american


2. college is WAY better than high school in so many ways.



1. DIXIE IS THE BEST SCHOOL EVER AND BIOLOGY IS THE BEST DEGREE EVER!!!!!!

3 comments:

Bess Family said...

Congrats! It is so exciting to be finished! Good luck to you too!

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

I am impressed! Congratulations

Anonymous said...

As a fellow biology major I would like to say that I loved this list so so much. I am going to share it with Elizabeth as soon as the break gets over because it is such a great (and so very very true) list. Congrats on being done!