Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

love my tree
eric autumn aspen


saw 'er down


nope, not strong enough


together with our tree





the one





all decorated






decorated at night






We went to cut down our tree the Saturday before Thanksgiving. A little early I know! But I was just too excited. Plus that was about the only time we could do it. We took a journey off into the woods and had to go a long way before we found one. Then we found these cool rocks that I just had to have so between the four of us we were loading 2 Christmas trees, 3 HEAVY rocks, a heavy electric saw, the perfectly intact fibia of a deer, and a baby! It was quite the adventure. Once we got all loaded into the truck and headed home we drove past a patch of PERFECT Christmas trees right off the side of the road! Oh well, I liked our adventure better :)

3 comments:

Tav and Aims said...

Hey! what's up... we were just talking about you two the other night... you guys should totally come over for dinner some night.. let me know.

The Calico Crew said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on the blog. I love reading and seeing what everyone else is doing that I'm not. Your tree looks fabulous...although it's pretty tough to beat Todd and my first tree. Ok so it was more like a bush than a tree but what mattered was the memories it took to get it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun!